A professional Cocktail Shaker Set is an essential tool that no bartender can do without. Trying to get by without the right tools in hand will diminish the quality of drinks served at home and at a wine & spirits establishment. With a few affordable bar tools at hand, you’ll make drinks like a pro every time and earn the respect of guests and patrons alike. A Cocktail Shaker Set typically consists of a Boston Shaker Set, Barspoon, Bar Jigger, and Strainer. Our Pro-Series Cocktail Shaker Set at Fifth & Vermouth includes the best of what we have to offer in one complete set:
- Our very own Boston Shaker Set in Stainless Steel, copper or gold tone
- Teardrop Barspoon
- Kamakura Bar Jigger
- St George Cocktail Strainer
- Pro-Series Fine Mesh Strainer
3 Popular Drinks To Serve With a Cocktail Shaker
1. A home bartender worth his or her salt will be able to quickly produce a variety of drinks for family and guests. A classic request from the bar is the basic Martini, which is often requested as a traditional Martini; you’ll be equipped to serve both with a Boston Shaker Set.
To create a Martini, add some ice to your shaker, add 1oz Dry Vermouth and 2oz Gin. If requested ‘shaken, not stirred’, place the top on the shaker and vigorously shake for 30 seconds and pour into a Rocks Glass. If stirred, lightly stir the mixture for 10 seconds and serve. Add a twist of lemon and an olive just prior to serving. For a traditional Martini, add Maraschino and bitters before shaking or stirring.
2. A classic Daiquiri is always a welcomed refreshment from the bar, and is easy to make. Add ice to your shaker, then 3/4oz of Simple Syrup, 2oz White Rum, and 1oz Lemon. Cap the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds or until the shaker begins to frost on the outside. Strain into a rocks glass and serve.
3. When a guest or patron orders a Sidecar, someone close at hand may overhear and request the same. Everyone loves the taste of a well-made Sidecar, so it’s important that you can duplicate one at the bar. You’ll serve the Sidecar in a sugar-rimmed Coupe Glass; add ice to your shaker, followed by 3/4oz Fresh Lime Juice, 3/4oz Cointreau, and 2oz Cognac.
Cap the shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds or until the shaker is frosty; strain and pour into the Coupe Glass and add an orange peel at the side.
Mixed Drinks that do not require a lot of shaking and contain 4oz or less of liquid can be prepared in a Cobbler Shaker with excellent results. At Fifth & Vermouth, we carry both Cocktail Shaker Sets and Cobbler Shaker Sets, both priced affordably. Explore our entire inventory online to find high-quality barware, bar tools, glasses, shaker sets, jiggers, barspoons, and bitters & syrups. You’ll never be without the right tools at hand, no matter what you’re serving at the bar. Pick up one of our Pro Cocktail Shaker Sets today at Fifth & Vermouth.Cocktail Shaker Set